Broken Sky


Broken sky is a collaborative project with denzil, who generously provides hosting for the BTW ezine, which ended its run in 2011, as well as for The Teacup visual novel community. I saw denzil's help thread in the Lemmasoft Forums and decided to read his partially translated draft from Czech to English. I was actually touched by the story and volunteered to help in any way I could. I ended up providing character and background art for the story as well as proofreading for style and grammatical errors. I tried to keep the original feel of the translated text even though it may sometimes seem awkward for native English speakers (which I am not, by the way.) Denzil actually wanted the character art to look like something done by Vatina, so I tried my best to emulate her style... although in the end, I gave Arin Lucky Star (Kagamin) eyes.

The story revolves around a protagonist whose planet is on the verge of death. It is not a story about a hopeless struggle, but about clinging on to hope and continuing to do your best in the face of adversity. It is also a story about how love can take on many different forms.

This visual novel can be read in Czech or the translated English version. (Thanks to mikey for the corrections)

-Title: Broken Sky
-Author: Denzil
-Description: Short Visual Novel
-Platform: Windows NT,Windows 2000,Windows XP,Windows 2003,Windows Vista
-System Requirements: Almost any modern system that can run ren'py should be able to run this program
-Year: 2009

Download: http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware-Games/Broken-Sky.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment